Search this Blog

Pageviews

Sunday, September 25, 2016

Keith Jarrett's "A Multitude of Angels" 4 disks-set on ECM




Recorded in 1996 in Italy... 





Disc 1 (Modena)
  1. Part I
  2. Part II
  3. Danny Boy
Disc 2 (Ferrara)
  1. Part I
  2. Part II
  3. Encore
Disc 3 (Torino)
  1. Part I
  2. Part II
Disc 4 (Genova)
  1. Part I
  2. Part II
  3. Encore
  4. Over The Rainbow
A Multitude of Angels is a 4-CD set of recordings from a series of solo concerts in Italy in October 1996, documenting the conclusion of Keith Jarrett’s experiments with long-form improvisation in performances from Modena, Ferrara, Turin, and Genoa.
“These were the last concerts I played having no breaks within each set,” Keith Jarrett explains in his liner notes. “The arc of the music is characteristically comprehensive: jazz is ever present here, alongside my deep closeness with classical music (modern and ancient, Ives and Bach).”
It will apparently be released on November 4 in Germany and on November 18 in the US.

No comments: